Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Blog Reflections

Prior to my Educational Technology class, I had heard very little of what Educational Blogging was. This can be used to promote communication in the classroom while also giving the students opportunities to express their own thoughts and opinions. Teachers can also use educational blogging to relay information to their class, co-workers, etc. You can bring in many different types of media, encourage freedom of  choice in regards to what they write about, and allows students to set up their blog in a way that expresses their style and creativity. It is a great way to get students writing for enjoyment instead of them seeing it as a unenjoyable task that has been assigned. 

Person typing on the computer,
writing in their blog
While reading my peers blogs, I learned so much more about all types of topics related to education. In Kate Cofer's blog, Everything Elementary, it was interesting to learn more about classroom management. She brought up the idea of student contribution when it comes to creating class rules. It encourages students to follow the rules but also remember them easily since they created them. In another one of my peers blogs, ETEC Blog, by Brooke Dewalt, she made a post on school safety. I didn't know how strongly school safety related to how children perform in the classroom. Looking back now, it makes sense, but I just didn't know it had such a strong correlation. Lastly, in Darby Redding's blog, Educational Technology 386 Blog, she has a post about parental involvement. It is super important for parents to show up, most importantly for their kids. It shows that they are supporting them in their academics and care about their child's success. The topics about are all something I want to encourage in my classroom, I enjoy learning as much as I can and look forward to implementing these in the future. 

Personally, I don't see myself using blogging in my classroom. I may share the idea of what it is, but won't directly include it. I think teaching elementary, it wouldn't be the most beneficial since they are so young. I do however, think this would be great for middle and high school students. They could use this for assignments or just creativity. I think blogging has a multitude of benefits and could greatly impact student success and creativity in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Reflections

Prior to my Educational Technology class, I had heard very little of what Educational Blogging was. This can be used to promote communicati...